Oving Scarecrow Day
Have you got yours planned? Oving Scarecrows are back on Saturday 14th May 2022!
Scarecrows need to be out by 11am as usual to be included in judging.
Look out for the map and timings coming through your letterbox in early May!
Some of the highlights include:
Oving Jubilee Hall opens at about 12:30.
St Andrew’s Church
- Face Painting
- Tim’s Tuck Shop etc in the churchyard.
- Pimm’s and strawberries in Stephen and Stephanie’s garden behing the church.
- 2pm – Premier performance by Oving Folk Group!
Madam Green Farm
- Plant stall – cash only
- Amberley Bodger
- Earthcycle, Cars, have a go at Archery
- Sussex Steel Band
Highfield Lane and Hall
- Wellington Wailers see shanty men
Oving Jubilee Hall
- Sussex Saddlebacks
- Pass burgers
- Ice Creams
- Craft Stalls
- Raffle (first prize is 2 tickets for Festival of Speed!)
- Morris Dancing
- Zumba Gold and Zumba Pound
- Dance Display by Arabesque
- Tractor /trailer rides
- Wandering drama by the Tree Fellas
- Seed Planting
- Seed bombing
Oving Scarecrows mount Oving Scarecrow Day each year in May, a celebration of our beautiful community.
Villages and community groups design and build scarecrows to display on the day, and the creativity on show never fails to astound. On top of this there are a host of activities take place across the village that day, typically including tractor rides, Morris dancers, music, dog obedience displays and many more.
The event is run on a break-even basis and we have faithful sponsors, which ensure the activities are either free or subsidised, making this a brilliant and great-value family day out.
Check us out on www.ovingscarecrows.org and seek us out on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ovingscarecrows/) and Twitter (@ovingscarecrows). Full details of this year’s programme will be posted there.
The date for 2022 is SATURDAY 14 MAY. Hope to see you there.