BACKGROUND 2013 -2015
UPDATE – PLANS FOR 2016
- In January 2016 the Observer newspaper and Spirit FM leaked details of the seven options for improvements to the A27 being considered by Mott MacDonald, consultants working on behalf of HE. HE has advised that these are only drafts that may change before they go for public consultation in March 2016.
- Brief comments on these options can be seen elsewhere on this Community Website.
- Groundworks have now commenced on the Shopwyke Lakes development site and construction of the roads and buildings will start soon. This is now identified as a “neighbourhood” of Chichester and further developments in the area are planned. These could double the population there and it is inconceivable that they should be isolated from the city by the closure of the Oving crossroads.
- Planning Application O/14/01777/OUT will be resubmitted by OPC to CDC at the beginning of June 2016. We shall again run a publicity campaign to encourage support from local residents and surrounding parishes that will be affected by the closure of the Oving Traffic Lights.
- OPC will insist that our planning application is considered by the Planning Committee. This will probably be after HE has issued their preferred option – currently planned for Summer 2016. There will then be a further consultation period until the decision is agreed in Summer 2017.
- When the Planning Committee hears or application, the most likely outcome will be that they will recommend to Defer it until the option for the A27 has been agreed. That will gain us further time for our Traffic Consultant to carry out any further studies required and hopefully mean that the application cannot be cancelled again. There is still a good chance that the committee members will vote to approve it!
For more information or assistance contact: