Temporary Event Notice (TEN)

For some events a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) will be needed to carry out activities within the event. These Licensable activities are:

  • The sale of alcohol by retail.
  • The supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club to, or to the order of, a member of a club.
  • The provision of regulated entertainment (e.g. live music, recorded music, dancing etc).
  • The provision of late night refreshment, which is the provision of hot food or drink for consumption on or off premises between 11pm & 5am.

A TEN can be obtained from the Chichester District Council’s Licensing Team. For more information about TENs and when they need to be submitted by, please consult the Chichester District Council website.

Please note: our Booking Secretary can advise on whether a TEN will be required but the hirer will be required to complete the necessary form and liaise with CDC.