Parish Councillor Vacancies
We currently have casual vacancies on the parish council and are looking for people to join us.
We are a proactive and friendly Parish Council who engage in a wide variety of tasks. Would you like to join us and influence the decisions made on behalf of your local community?
Being a Parish Councillor involves:
- Participating in the management of the Parish, including attendance at meetings, influencing planning applications, supporting the economic, social, and environmental well-being of the Parish, the annual Parish budget (part of council tax) etc.
- Representing the interests of the local community
- Putting something back into your local community and environment
- Using your skills to benefit the community
Examples of projects you may like to have been involved in include:
- working on the community garden
- helping to decide and implement improvements and upgrades needed in the community, eg the play equipment
- acting as the parish council representative for one of the local organisations, eg the Oving Jubilee Hall, the Oving youth club and the Oving Almshouses Trust, providing a voice for these organisations at the parish council
- helping put together the new neighbourhood plan, working on policies for housing and employment in the parish
- looking at issues around transport and traffic in the area
- helping to decide where grant funding is applied
- working to keep the website updated or putting together the Oving Parish News Alerts emails
- whatever your interests and skills, there’s most likely a project that will fit you!
Come and shape the future of your Parish!
Anyone wanting to know more, or who would like to apply to join us, should contact our clerk & RFO Ruth Palmer:
Tel: 07770 742041